Friday 13 April 2012

M is for Maisie









(<< I apologize, I couldn't find a better picture..I'm not sure what the jam jar thing behind it is meant to be...)


I'd like to take the time today to thank my friend Maisie.
Not only is she funny, good company and a very good friend, she has, perhaps without knowing it, taught me many things since I've known her.
First of all, never to judge a person by their cover, to live with and accept what you've got, to make good in everything you have, to keep your imagination open and, most importantly (for me, anyway), to keep a level mind and not get too het up about things.
Maisie influenced me to write this novel. She said (while on a camping holiday in Wales) that she usually likes books that had imagination in them, and that the books I like have little imagination and this is why she didn't like them. I wanted to prove to her that this is not the case!
I also wanted to make a book that she would like, so this project is for her and once the novel is written, it will be there for her to enjoy. :)
So thank you, Maisie. 

Here is the fact of the day:
The name Maisie originated from the Scottish name Margaret (meaning a pearl) and from the Greek word, Margarites, which is derived from maragon (a pearl).


Nicknames for Maisie include: 
- Mai
-May and
-Maiz


These are examples of where Maisie's can be found:
                            
Maisie Dobbs, title character of Jacqueline Winspear's mystery book series
'Daisie-Head Mayzie', a popular Dr Seuss book
'What Maisie New', novel by Henry James
Maise Williams actress, plays Arya Stark in 'Game of Thrones'
The adventures of Maisie by Ann Southern
And my favourite: Maisy Mouse


3 comments:

  1. How neat that your friend inspired you to write a novel. Cute post. And as the mom of a couple of kids, the Maisy I thought of was the kids' one there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    When returning to your blog, i was excited to find that you had written a new blog called 'M is for Maisie' and that being my name I thought "well i've got to comment now" :D What you said about her inspiring you to do this project i think is wonderful. I am sure that she is very proud to have a friend such as yourself.
    Keep these blogs coming - they are the highlight of my day :D
    Maisie :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could, I would like this comment as many times as possible. But, unfortunately, I can't even like it once on blogspot :(

      Delete