Monday 2 April 2012

A is for Anteaters!

I have decided to participate in the A to Z challenge!
(yes, I know I’ve started a day late...)
I will try very hard to link it to my novel project but that may not work out quite so well as I hope..
I thought it would be a bit of fun, so here goes:
I thought, people might like to learn their fact about the day...so today it will be....

A for Anteaters
I’ve always found these animals really intriguing because of their weird weird noses... or whatever you call them...
Anteaters are possibly the weirdest looking animals I’ve ever seen

























...well, apart from the blob fish:


















They’re kind of nasty to look at...
Anyway, back to anteaters:
Did You Know...
-         Anteaters, also known as antbears
-         All anteaters have elongated snouts equipped with a thin tongue that can be extended to a length greater than the length of the head; their tube-shaped mouths have lips but no teeth.
-         Anteaters are mostly solitary mammals
-         anteaters have the lowest body temperature of any mammal
-         In recent years, the anteater has emerged in children's books, television shows, and other forms of entertainment. One such anteater is Francis the Anteater.
I couldn’t find Francis, but I found some other Anteater pictures that might be interesting:






















How does this relate to my novel project?
Maybe I could create a creature that either is an anteater or resembles one?

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment