Monday 9 April 2012

I is for Icarus

In Greek mythology, Icarus is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus. The main story told about Icarus is his attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings that his father constructed from feathers and wax. He ignored instructions not to fly too close to the sun, and the melting wax caused him to fall into the sea where he drowned. 

Here’s some pictures of him...



 















I don’t really know what else to say about him...
So, this links to my project because I’d like to use old myths in my fantasy novel. Might make it more...umm...fantastical... 
M x

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a computer crisis and I'm not happy about it! Usually I can sort out computer problems but..why is the back ground of the text different here to my other posts? :( I'm confused...:(

    ReplyDelete